Thursday, May 6, 2010

Woman passes drivers test on 960th attempts - Weird News




There is a 69 year old woman Cha sa in Seoul, South Korea that has been taking the written portion of her drivers test nearly every day since 2005 who finally, FINALLY passed the test today. I've been following her trials for the last few years and each time I read an article on her, I can't help think....would they even want her to drive at this point? This is only the written exam. She hasn't even gotten behind the wheel yet! A second thought that occurs to me is that I hope she doesn't come to my town, we've got enough bad drivers!

Back around her 771st attempt she had already spent about $3000 on fees. She finally got the 60% she needed to pass the test.
So I guess 960 is her lucky number. Unlucky for everyone else on the road.

She only had to take the driven portion 10 times before she finally got her official full license. Lower standards perhaps? Maybe the instructor was into our aged Mrs. Sa? 50% automatically for not killing anyone during the test? Or it could just be pity.

With her license she plans to buy a small secondhand car to visit her son and daughter, and for her vegetable selling business.

I hope her car has airbags....on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment